Asda Foundation Investing in Spaces and Places Grant
Investing in Spaces and Places is a new higher value Asda Foundation grant for local groups aimed
at improving community spaces and places where local people can be together and thrive. The first
round of Investing in Spaces and Places Grants launch in October 2021 and will be awarded in June
We know that small grassroots organisations play a vital role in their community, making positive
change and improving people’s lives every day. These vital groups understand the needs in their
community and are constantly adapting to meet those needs. The challenge for many groups is
having the appropriate space and place to bring people together to deliver this fantastic work.
Asda Foundation understands there are a lot of spaces within communities that need a little love and
funding to be a space which lots of groups can benefit from and be together. Therefore, Asda
Foundation will be supporting communities across the UK with an investment to help groups improve.
these spaces through this brand-new grant. Grants awarded will be between £5,000 and £25,000 towards improving community spaces in local communities across the UK.
The five stages are:
Stage 1 (past deadline)
– Stage 2 (January 2022) – Asda Foundation will assess all nominations and create a shortlist.
– Stage 3 (February 2022) – Regional Team Meetings will be held to vote on the projects
making it through to the final stage.
– Stage 4 (March-April 2022)– Final shortlisted groups invited to complete the full application.
– Stage 5 (June 2022) – Successful groups notified, and grants sent. The first round of Investing in Spaces and Places Grants launch in October 2021 and will be awarded in June 2022.
Examples include, but aren’t limited to:
- Play area development/upgrading safety features
- Community gardens
- Transforming wasteland into usable space
- Allotment space
There are three options within this grant, groups can apply for one:
1. Building Repairs (Roof repairs, Doors and windows repairs/replacement, Central heating replacement, Electrical wiring upgrade, Plumbing repairs/replacement)
2. Building Improvement/Development (New kitchen, Improving toilet facilities, Extension on a building, New flooring, Developing an unused internal space, Improving disabled access and facilities, Security features to keep the space and place securely, Creating a tech hub and enhancing technological capabilities)
3. Outdoor Improvement/Development (Play area development/upgrading safety features, Community gardens, Transforming wasteland into usable space, Allotment space)
Asda Foundation will only part-fund a project, we’re not able to fully fund a project
Groups must raise at least 50% of the total project cost from other sources
For more information: click on this link: Asda Foundation Investing in Spaces and Places Grant