We are pleased to announce the continuation of the Action Hampshire Communities Against Cancer project from January 2021, funded by the Wessex Cancer Alliance.
Local Workshop: 21st October at 11.00 am Zoom meeting (contact Claire for the link)
- Dorset Race Equality Council, which will run public awareness events to reach people in Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities and people from black and minority ethnic groups;
- Southampton Mencap, which will use the funds for the cancer champions to run educational workshops for paid and unpaid carers of people with learning disabilities, which in turn will support them to have conversations about cancer and cancer screening with the people they care for;
- Mustard Seed Ministries which will use the funding to support a variety of community events in Portsmouth to reach socially isolated older people from lower-income households;
- One Community in Eastleigh, which will hold regular drop-ins at community hubs, deliver talks on the signs and symptoms and how to prevent cancer, and build a network of Communities Against Cancer volunteers.
- People First Dorset, which will run educational sessions for people with learning disabilities on what cancer is and who is at risk; how to spot it; what to do if you have symptoms and how to stay healthy.
Please go to the website if you would like to get involved either as a member or for the application form for future funding.