These courses are intended to improve awareness of equality and diversity issues across all communities and are open for both BME and non-BME community groups and individuals. Places are limited to one per organisation.
The course consists of 6 x 2.5-hour units delivered on Zoom online by Hon Alderman Dr Parvin Damani MBE an experienced Equality and Diversity trainer, retired multicultural health advisor and public health specialist who is also a past Chair of SVS supported by an SVS Development worker.
The Equality and Diversity Training will be held on Thursdays 11.00 – 13.30 on the following dates (please note you are booking to attend the whole course, 6 sessions).
• 6th January 2022 – Oppression and Justice
• 13th January 2022 – Migration
• 20th January 2022 – Religion and Culture
• 27th January 2022 – Naming Systems
• 3rd February 2022 – Communications and Interaction
• 10th February 2022 – Communities and Power
Comments from previous participants include:
• “I thoroughly enjoyed the training session! Delivered by a true Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (EDI) specialist and activist, Dr Parvin Damani’s knowledge of the subject matter is second to none. Lots of useful and insightful tips and guidance that has enhanced, challenged and improved my existing knowledge of EDI. I really enjoyed the format of each training module which consisted of group activities followed by Q&A sessions, and would highly recommend this course to anyone who wants a better and deeper understanding of EDI issues and challenges faced by marginalised groups within our communities. I think this training programme should be made mandatory and embedded into both the private and public sector training and development practices.”
• The whole course was excellent – Parvin was extremely good and knowledgeable. I hadn’t really thought about what the course might cover but each and every week was not only extremely relevant but well delivered and thought-provoking.
• “It was really helpful to think more in-depth about these issues and factors. Naming systems was really helpful as this was so practical in terms of how we deal with clients and helpful to understand”
If you are interested in joining this course please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a registration form to complete the marked E&D course.
Places will be available on a first-come, first-served basis and to ensure fair distribution are limited to one place per organisation, please. Here is the link to book: