Volunteers would be responsible for setting up and running an activities area for young family visitors, ensuring that the activities are stocked up and ready to use, and maintaining a safe environment for all.
The role involves engaging children and families with activities relating to SeaCity Museum and the history of the city. This will help engage children in history and hopefully increase their understanding and interest in the subject.
Activities include colouring, simple matching games, sound associations, and Morse code. As the role grows, the resources will change and grow depending on success and feedback from volunteers.
You would need to be:
• A good communicator, especially with children and guardians of various ages and backgrounds
• Enthusiastic and reliable
• Interested in working with children
• Interested in history/arts and an ability to share it.
No experience is necessary, though it is useful if you have had:
• Customer service experience
• Experience working with children
Available shifts will be Saturdays and Sundays 11.30 – 1.30 or 1.30 – 3.30 and select weekdays during school holidays.
If you are interested in this role, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org