In this role, you will assist your local fundraising team in promoting and taking part in a variety of activities to raise money for Guide Dogs.
“Since volunteering I have discovered that I am actually capable of organising events and remaining calm (most of the time!). I’ve gained both self-confidence and a feeling of satisfaction that I have helped to improve the lives of other people, even if only in a small way.” – Alison, Fundraiser
What you’ll be doing
We rely on volunteers like you to help us improve the lives of people with sight loss. In this role your support will include:
• Helping on stalls at local events.
• Taking Collection Boxes to local businesses.
• Manning collections at various venues.
• Attending local events organised by the team and keeping track of what we sell on our stalls (including the cuddly toys!)
• Counting donations.
• Supporting a group of like-minded people planning events and raising money.
Ideally you will:
• Have good communication skills.
• Enjoy spending time with others.