What will a volunteer do to support families living with dementia?
• Connect with the families living with dementia in a way suitable to them and check in to see how they are, on an agreed frequency basis.
• Encourage you to gain access to resources that you or the person with dementia may need, accessing services such as singing, walking groups and emotional support.
• Check that families living with dementia are aware of appointments, as appropriate.
• Identify when things are not going so well and identify options for support .
• Inform Caraway immediately of any general problems, concerns or incidents.