The Employment team exists to help refugees and migrants in Southampton look for work and also assist them on their pathway to employment, such as by helping them to access courses and volunteering. The role is currently based remotely.
- Working 1-2-1 with clients remotely, supporting them to make decisions about employment plans
- Helping client to prepare CVs and cover letters as required
- Assisting clients to identify skills gaps and apply to relevant courses
- Assisting clients to apply for appropriate voluntary opportunities
- Assisting clients to search for job opportunities
- Assisting clients to apply for job opportunities
- Completing application forms in conjunction with clients
- Liaising with colleagues about job opportunities in the local area
- Administration duties around recording appointments and actions
- Support clients with specific applications and licenses – such as for private hire driving or security licenses.