Information and Advice Service
The team offers a wide range of free services to support individuals, families and professionals as well as raising autism awareness within the local community.
The service is available pre, during and post diagnosis via the telephone, by email or by appointment at our Southampton, Portsmouth and Hampshire based offices.
Our team are able to offer support, guidance, information and advice relating to autism matters or concerns you might have. They have extensive knowledge of Southampton, Portsmouth and Hampshire autism related services and community opportunities.
They will work with you on a one to one basis or with your family/support network to:
• Help you to work out coping and adaptive strategies for anxieties, behaviours and/or social skills
• Signpost to other organisations that can support you further
• Advise on how to request autism diagnostic assessments for adults and children
• Design and provide visual scheduling support packs to aid communication
• Help you choose appropriate equipment through a lending library
• Suggest reading material to assist your understanding of the autism spectrum
The team also run:
• Parent and children support groups
• Social Groups to enable people to build social networks within a safe and understanding environment
• Educational workshops for parents, individuals and their families/support networks