To deliver the CLEAR ESOL course as a member of a team of volunteer tutors under the supervision of the CLEAR Learning Manager.
- Plan, deliver, and record lessons for the CLEAR ESOL courses in accordance with the scheme of work provided; times and dates to be agreed with the Learning Manager
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to class starting to prepare for the session and stay for approximately 15 minutes to discuss and write up the sessions.
- Between teaching sessions, liaise with other tutors, LSAs, and with the Learning Manager, as necessary for lesson planning and rota planning purposes.
- Assess and record student progress and prepare students for exams.
- Co-operate well and be able to work as part of a team
- Attend training and other meetings as agreed. Fire Safety, Prevent, and Safeguarding training are mandatory for all classroom volunteers and must be updated (Fire safety annually and Prevent and Safeguarding every two years).
- Be committed to equality of opportunity
- Register and invigilate learners on exam days.
- Classes run weekday mornings between 10 – 12 pm and afternoons 12.45 – 2.45 pm, term time only at our city centre office, from September to June each academic year.