Communities working together. Keep up to date, have a say and get involved in your local area!
SO:Links bring local residents, volunteers, community activists, community groups, faith based organisations, local health and council representatives, community navigators and social prescribers and a host of other people together. They are a space to
- Find and highlight the great things happening locally
- Share resources and information, both local and city wide opportunities
- Help local community people have a say in what they want to see in their area
- Discuss and challenges or gaps
- Work together on new projects and initiatives, with support from others in the community and from SO:Linked community development workers
We hope in each area these groups will:
- Provide a space for local voluntary, health (PCNs, localities, health teams) and social to work together with local residents
- Consult and share with the community so that local residents set the priorities for the area
- Work together on initiatives growing out of that community consultation
- Provide a communication channel for updates on local and city wide initiatives, on the ‘asks’ that people in each area are approaching SO:Linked community navigators for, keep local people up to date on the new activities and opportunities happening in their local area. So that together we can shout about the great things happening in each area, respond to local need, and bring people together to help communities develop in the priorities they’ve identified.
- Share info and raise awareness about local services, activities and any challenges, and increase understanding of each other’s services.
- Produce a clear paragraph update from each area so that people who couldn’t ‘be’ there could sign up still to be kept in touch with developments in ‘their’ area
Some of the people who will hopefully be coming along:
- Local residents
- Local volunteers
- Representatives from local community groups or charities
- Representatives from city wide charities or services
- Community navigators
- Housing association representatives
- Community centre representatives
- People from health teams, primary care networks, community independence service
Take a look below for the latest plans in each area and sign up to get involved or receive updates!
Date coming soon!
Have an interest, part of a group, or live in SO15 area? Be the first to know about the SO:Links in your area by clicking here
Date coming soon!
Want to work with other local residents and groups in your community to build on what is great about your areas? Get involved by clicking here
Meetings are in partnership with and facilitated by October Books and Southampton Collective. You can see what we got up to at the last one – The Mush Room October
We primarily cover Bitterne Park, Thornhill, Harefield and Townhill. The theme for the next meeting will be to ask the question “How can we, as local communities, stay well in every way this winter”. It’ll be a chance to share what resources we all know about in our local neighbourhoods and talk about how we can fill in any missing gaps. This conversation will be all the richer if you are there. Click here to join the mailing list for this area if you can’t attend the event
Next ‘gathering’ is on Mon 23 Nov 10-11.30. Join us as we carry on the conversation about what the community has going on to help us all get through the winter.