SO:Linked is open as usual on weekdays throughout the festive period, apart from on Friday 25 December.
During our opening hours our navigators will be able to link you with local support. Outside of working hours the crisis support information will be available on our voicemail and our out of office email, and we’re sharing information below in case it is useful.
Mental health support
SO:Linked’s specialist mental health navigators from Solent Mind are working between 10 and 4 on Christmas eve, 29th, 30th and 31st. Our Peer Support Zoom groups are Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 12 noon.
Solent Mind helpline is open to anyone in Hants/IOW for advice, information or just someone to talk to. 02380 179049 5pm – 8pm weekdays and 9-5 weekends usually. It is open extended times over Christmas from 9am – 8pm from 25th December
– 1st January inclusive, so right through the holiday. The Lighthouse is also open as usual every day through the holiday period, 4.30pm – midnight for Southampton residents, by texting Lighthouse and their postcode to 07451 276010.
We’ve produced a Winter Wellbeing Toolkit with advice on keeping well over Christmas. There is a copy attached but there is a more interactive version on our website – https://www.solentmind.org.uk/news-events/news/winter-wellbeing
We have also got a new wellbeing app which is available on the usual app stores or from our website – https://www.solentmind.org.uk/news-events/news/download-the-new-solent-mind-wellbeing-app/
The Samaritans and the SHOUT text service (text shout to 85258) are both 24/7 and the 111 service obviously never closes and has mental health advisors integrated into the team. There are some other services signposted in the toolkit/on the app too. Our Winter Wellbeing Toolkit is packed with tips, information and details of services to support you through this winter holiday period.
If you are in immediate danger, please call emergency services on 999
If you are concerned about an adult:
Adult Social Care Connect: 023 8083 3003
Outside of normal office hours: 023 8023 3344
If you are concerned about a child:
Children’s Social Care: 0238083 3336
Various support is available, please contact SO:Linked by either phone, email or on the form on this website and we can link people with help getting your food.
ASDA Food pantries
Asda: has announced it will allow children to eat for free in its cafés throughout December, in a move to help families in the pandemic. The supermarket said all 216 of its cafés would provide children under the age of 16 with a free meal, when they were accompanied by an
adult. There are no minimum spend requirements or restrictions on the number of children in a group. Cafés located in areas with tier 3 Covid restrictions would still offer meals via a takeaway service, it said. The offer will run from 1 to 31 December (not Christmas or Boxing Day however).
Shopping and prescription support
- NHS Responders: 0808 196 3646 8am-6pm, 7 days a week
- Mutual Aid group: 07923 353365, 7 days a week
- SO:Linked specialist Dementia navigators from the Alzheimer’s Society are working weekdays as usual apart from Thurs 24 and 25 December and Friday 1 Jan and can be contacted as usual via SO:Linked web referral, phone number or email.
- Alzheimer’s Society Dementia Connect support line on 0333 150 3456.
|9am – 5pm|
|10am – 4pm|
|10am – 4pm|
|9am – 8pm|
|9am – 8pm|
|9am – 5pm|
|Friday 1 January|
|10am – 4pm|
|Sunday 3 January||10am – 4pm|
- Online support is available everyday through Dementia Connect.
Domestic Violence support
- National Domestic Abuse Helpline (NDAH): 0808200024724/7 service & Free phone
- Aurora New Dawn: 02394216816
- Rape Crisis National Helpline: 08088029999: 12.00 -14.30 and 19.00 – 21.30 every day.
- National LGBT Helpline: 0300 330 0630 Open 10am-10pm every day
- Yellow Door – Help lines:
- For information, advice or support about sexual violence/abuse call 02380636313 open 12.00 – 14.00, Monday-Friday:
- For information, advice or support about domestic violence/abuse call the PIPPA
Helpline: 02380917917 open 09.30 – 16.30, Monday-Friday
If you need safe accommodation please call one of the Southampton Refuge Providers on 02380671626 or 02380637550.
Remember, if you have immediate fears for the safety of yourself, your children or anyone else you know, please call emergency services on 999
Further Mental Health Support
- Samaritans: 116123 or email email@example.com Open 24/7.
- SHOUT– free text services, 85258, Open 24/7
- PAPYRUS- 0800 068 41 41
Suicide support for young people
- TEXT: 07860039967 EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org Open every Day 9:00 am to 12:00 am (midnight)
- YoungMinds: text YM to 85258C
Support with social Isolation
- Silverline: 08004708090 Open 24/7
- Chitchat: 03330020333 9am– 9pm: 7 days a week
- Carers Together: 08000323456
- Carers Active Listening Line: 365 days a year Monday-Friday: 10.00am-8.00pm Bank Holidays & Weekends: 10.00am-4.00pm
- Age UK(advice line): 0800 678 1602 is open 8am to 7pm, 365 days a year.
Families and Children
- Safe Families: 0333 4141488 Closed Christmas day and Boxing Day, open the other days, 9am-5pm.
- Princes Trust: 0800 842 842 Open 7 days a week 9am-9pm. Closed Christmas day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
Emergency housing repairs
- Telephone: 02380 23 3344 Evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays
For gas leaks call the National Gas and Emergency Service FREE on 0800 111 999 immediately
- Homeless team—023 8023 3344.
If you are homeless as a result of an emergency outside of normal officehours, you can contact the council’s out of hours service on
- Two Saints: 023 8022 3443 Monday to Friday 9 am to 3.00 pm
- Shelter: 0808 800 4444.
Our free national helpline is open every day of the year. The usual times are 8am-8pm weekdays and 9am-5pm on weekends. Christmas day and New Year’s day opening times will be 9am-5pm.
Support with addiction
- Frank: 0300 123 6600 Text: 82111 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Alcoholics Anonymous: 0800 9177 650
- DrugFam: 0300 888 3853 Our phone line is always there for you from 9am-9pm 7 days a week, 365 days a year.